Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Two Weeks Followup Since August 2011 Hair Battle

This is another gluefree quickweave style with my own hairline out. The two other pictures included in this article is of my hair without the gro-protect solution and one with the gro-protect solution.


As promised, I have included pictures of the back of my head following my double relaxation within a two day time period. Please do not try this at home. Smile. I am totally against it, but it is not fatal as you can see. Overall, I had a small setback in length, but I have been completely happy with my hair since I discontinued use of the flat irons. I have been overjoyed. I really, really can tell that my hair can take more abuse and still remain in tact. On the contrary, when I was using the flat irons to straighten my hair, I just never seem to be going in the right direction. No matter how often I shampooed; no matter how many leave-in conditioners and flat iron sprays. My hair just always seemed vulnerable. No more. Within two more years, I should be at 12 inches all over, and I am excited about the future! The relaxers are cool. I have about three more brands to try within the next six months. As for styling, I decided to go back into my gluefree quickweave. My own hair is out in the front, but this is a great option to have a more corporate look without so much fuss! I have been trying to perfect the crystallization phase so that removal will be as easy as the demo videos. For hair types with tightly closed cuticles, the removal of the gluefree quickweave has always been pretty easy. For those who have more curly, porous hair - filling the hair with curly hair leave-in conditioner followed by styling gel seems to give me the smoothest, slickest mold. I am soooo looking forward to a carefree removal. The extra time in application will be well worth it if the removal is quick and easy. If it works, then I will post the product combination that worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment