Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Day 5: Wash n' Go maintenance on Type 4c hair

My last relaxer throughout my hair was May 22, 2011. It was a Super Paul Mitchell relaxer. The end result was texlaxed versus relaxed. So I have been experimenting with my texturized, natural look. I had been fighting with product film with some combinations and too much shrinkage with other product combinations. I was also trying to avoid a sticky touch to the hair. I had found that water based sprays broke the seal of some of the products that controlled shrinkage. Now, I think that I have found the best combination for my texturized type 4c hair.

Pictured is Day five hair! I love it! My new regimen is to refresh with Ouidad Botanical boost spray. Then run KeraCare Defining Custard through it to prevent shrinkage; then add Jane Carter Solutions Natural hold locking spray! The results are shiny, fresh hair without buildup nor crystallization. Also, no starting over!

As my hair gets longer, shrinkage is okay in some areas for styling purposes. Also, I am still taking one Viviscal tablet a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment