Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 29, 2017

Confused about Hair Growth?


Question:  Do you have to keep your hair cut or trimmed to keep it growing?
ANSWER: No!  I have not cut my hair/Sisterlocks in almost five years . . . .  my hair is still growing!


Question:  Am I consuming too much biotin?
ANSWER:  If you are taking over 5mg/5,000mcg of biotin per day, then I would try to eliminate a biotin source. I have known too many people consuming 10,000 mcg, 12,000mcg and up of biotin  (superbiotin) per day.  It seems to cause other health and/or hair challenges.  Side effects vary.  If you are taking a multi-vitamin, a "hair, nails, and skin" vitamin, meal replacement shake (i.e. Herbalife), and taking an additional 5,000 mcg of biotin capsule, then you need to add up how much biotin that you are really consuming. You may need to reduce the "extra biotin" to 1,000 mcg if you are getting the Daily Value of Biotin from other sources.

No comments:

Post a Comment