Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Friday, April 11, 2014

My Bang Loc Extension

 Despite the title of this article, NO artificial hair was added.

 Above is my before picture.  Notice my left eye.  Eyelashes and Eyebrows are my bang stopping points.

 Remember the third Sisterlocks certified consultant that was ripping all of my knots off of my ends?  Well, these are a few of the longer loc pieces that she pulled off from her ripping. So these loc pieces in my hands originally belonged to me.  It is my own natural grown locs that were robbed from me over a year ago.  Okay, I am being a little dramatic, but you get the point.  Anyway, I  used my transparent thread and added my locs back on to the locs falling by my left eye. (Please see separate article on loc repair and transparent thread on this blog.)

Left eye checkpoint again.  Remember eyelashes and eyebrows from above?  Now those same two locs are at my MOUTH and NOSE.  Can you believe it?  In loc growth time, I just added 6 to 9 months of length in less than thirty minutes.  This means that the one Sisterlocks certified consultant set me back six to nine months with her ripping my locs.  Let me calm down.  That part of my loc journey is over.  I wished that I had some more of the longer pieces saved, but I do not.  The rest of the pieces are mostly the knots.  Oh well, I have a longer bang area which will give me more styling options, and I'm excited!  Full steam ahead!  Time to wet set my locs and take advantage of my new styling options!

No comments:

Post a Comment