Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

Expired KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo

 I believe that I bought this gallon size Classic Keracare Hydrating Detangling shampoo within the last two years, but it has expired on me.  It is runny and looks like egg yolks.  It does NOT smell bad which is awkward because people could be using expired product and not know it unless they look inside the container.

 The classic formula is the original formula of the KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo.  They have a sulfate-free version as well.
I tried to take a picture of the inside of the gallon size shampoo, but I could not get the lighting right so I cut the jug open so that you can clearly see what this particular shampoo looks like when it is expired.  The runny consistency is also a sign of expired product.  Fresh shampoo should be smooth and has a uniform consistency.

I had to toss this shampoo.  I will not buy a gallon size again.  I still use a lot of Paul Mitchell and Pureology in my salon.  Apparently, I am not using enough of the KeraCare line to finish the product before it expires.  I could not find a legible batch code on the jug either.

So look for expiration dates and be aware of the consistency of the product for freshness.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I noticed the consistency of 2 of my shea moisture shampoos changed and a slight color change. I kept using them. My hair is natural so I shampoo My hair about 2 to 4 times a week. My scalp became really sore. I remembered this had happened before. I switch products regularly so I just thought my sore scalp could be because of multiple things from not enough scalp stimulation to an ingredient was too strong after not using a product for a while. It is the last quarter of the bottle. I did not know shampoo expires. I googled imaged what expired shampoo looked like and found your photo to be exactly what it looks like. I have already bagged them.I was going to get them tested.Thank you for saving me time and money. Now I can just toss them and be more careful about being a hair product junkie.

    ReplyDelete