Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Friday, December 2, 2011

Product Review: KeraCare Twist and Define Cream



No, this is not me, although we both have great smiles. Lol! My cheerful model pictured has type 4c hair, and it is all natural and in an updo in the back. She has no chemicals in her hair. We used KeraCare Cleansing Cream, Uncle Funky Daughter's Richee Rich Conditioner, and Keracare Twist and Define cream. I "shingled" and double strand twisted the hair into cornrows. I did not have to use any perm rods on the ends of the cornrows because the type 4c curl pattern naturally curls back on itself at the ends. The drying time was at least an hour. We loved the elongation of the curl pattern that the Twist and Define cream gave, but there was some minor crystallization residue in the hair. I am thinking that in the future to skip the deep conditioning process and follow with the KeraCare Natural Textures Leave-in Conditioner. Then use the KeraCare Twist and Define cream.

The crystallization that formed in some areas was tolerable, but it reminded me that even when I was experimenting this summer with the KeraCare's Defining Custard, I used to have challenges with crystallization. I am almost convinced that when it comes to the natural, curly hair product lines, one really needs to stick with all the products within the same line.

I also have to admit that I had to use "Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding" around the hairline because the KeraCare Twist and Define Cream did not seem to want to lay some of the shorter, kinkier hairline down. Miss Jessie's "Curly Pudding" is my best edge tamer for natural and relaxed hair.

My model can further finish this style off with a colorful scarf or a loose headband.

No comments:

Post a Comment