Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Pressing Comb Review: Old school versus New School

Pictured are two "old fashion" pressing combs and one "new school" pressing comb (in the center).
I have written about the "tear drop" of the pressing comb in a previous article. However, today, I had a lady to visit the salon who was interested in an old fashion pressing comb. So she got me to thinking . . . I pulled out eight pressing combs. Only two of them were from 20 years ago . . . then I began to realize the difference between the "new" pressing combs and the "old" pressing combs. Look at the ridges on the teardrop base. The "new school" pressing comb had a solid base with teeth sawed into it. The "old school" pressing comb seems to have individual teardrop teeth welded together. Actually, the teeth of one of my "old" pressing combs has become loose. I can move them slightly like running my hand down a keyboard. Amazing. This would never happen with a "new school" pressing comb.

They just are not built the way they used to be.

3 comments:

  1. The ridges described in this article are actually called spacers. Please see my August 2013 article on Kentucky Maid pressing comb construction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. hairstyles for women

    ReplyDelete