Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Snowed In? Re-Twisting Time!


Well, a snow blizzard just hit the Carolinas.  It shut the Carolinas down.  The news broadcasted to drive only in case of emergency. So instead of board games and television, I decided to refresh my microlocks.  Of course, if you have a significant other, getting snowed in might mean more couple time!  Regardless, making the best use of time is always the plan.  

So I am not quite at another anniversary month, but my locks and scalp felt a little itchy from all the extra setting lotion that I had been using.  So I was excited about my shampoo service skipping the conditioner.   In addition, I am using about 3 to 4 ounces of locking gel to re-twist.  The Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking Gel six ounce jar is barely lasting me  two re-twisting sessions.

 My cold weather hat keeps my head a little warmer!

I retightened my hairline nicely.  My microlocks have quite a bit of length on them, but my big head takes a lot of hair to frame it.  LOL!

1 comment:

  1. I really do want to go back to interlocking. The looser textures of hair on my head do not stay coiled as well as I would like. I have started hand locking a few of these. If you have followed my Sisterlocks journey, it has been hell for me. Sisterlocks.com has a new "Approval" system - when they get someone in my area, maybe I will try them out. Otherwise, I am thinking about using the Sisterlocks clip tool for self interlock retightenings. I will keep you all posted!

    ReplyDelete