Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

My 15 months Microlocks Check-in

I hope you all love my curls!  I had to perm rod it wet and then pin curl/bundle overnight without the rods.  I used the Jamaican Mango and Lime Lock and Set Styling Lotion for hold.  I sat under the dryer for an hour and a half and my ends were not dry from the perm rods.  So I am now convinced that my hair is too long to  perm rod set on small rods and actually expect them to dry in any reasonable amount of time.

I used the "Lily of the Desert" 99% aloe vera Gelly for my 3.5 retightening session this go around.  It is thicker than the Trader Joes' 99% pure Aloe vera Gel.  So far, I think I like it better because of the thicker consistency.  Both are moisturizing.

I have learned a few more lock lessons this month.

1) MicroLocks will double up on their own if they start to thin, so a loctician should NOT need to double my locks up intentionally.

2) Freshly twisted locks can be bundled up before swimming or any other wet recreational activities.

It is true that if the locks are interlocked then the bundling may not be necessary for mature locks, but I am still really content with not interlocking.

I also love my hair clips to give more volume in my top!

No comments:

Post a Comment