Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Bad mix: Too much heat on relaxed hair


I shampooed, blowdried, and marcel curled my hair a few days ago. It felt great, but much thinner than I wanted. It felt like I had a fresh relaxer again. I have to admit, I have had a few stressors along the way too. Well, I ended up roller setting at night to achieve the body in this hairstyle the following morning. Of course, it had to rain, and the hair flopped. The good thing is that it is straight; unfortunately, that also feels like a bad thing. Remember that example some time ago where I talked about raw vegetables? As long as they are crisp; then there is more time to cook them. If they are too soft, then they fall apart.

Well, I think the Mild True Indulgence touchup followed by the regular True Indulgence touch-up four weeks later, and I applied it myself to my own head, was an overdose. Then I added the heat styling this week although I had been roller setting. Okay, you live and learn. It will definitely be another six weeks before I do another touchup. I think that I need to alternate Paul Mitchell relaxers with the regular strength True Indulgence. The mild True Indulgence is still a little too aggressive to apply at the four week period. The Paul Mitchell relaxer should be adequate enough to retexturize at a four week period until I can relax at a 8 week period with the True Indulgence. Also, roller sets, roller sets, roller set.

With straightness comes responsibility. I had to trim a little again for this picture. I am mainly focussed on growing out sides and front because I can always use the hair from these areas to make a ponytail or a simple, quick maintenance regimen. Also, I had abused the back of my head plus I sleep on the back of my head. I know it needs more recovery time.

I feel like I am rambling. In a nutshell, straight hair is great if you are blending hair extensions, but straight hair is more vulnerable. Avoid the heat! Also, True Indulgence relaxer touchups should be spread apart at least six weeks.

Now I know the power of the True Indulgence.

1 comment: