Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Natural Look: Day 2 is a Charm

This is my Day 2 look! I slept on a satin pillow cover. I woke up and used Mixed Chicks Leave-in Conditioner to calm the sides and back down. The top remains untouched. I can get a week out of this look. My volume remains in place on top just by finger styling daily.
This my Day 1 look. My hair is a little flat for me. It is freshly hydrated. It has not fully swollen nor fully dried out. The drying effect gives me a "little afro" control. Some volume is always good for styling purposes. The volume comes naturally by the second day without any styling aids. Also, please remember that my hair is texturized; this is a regimen that is working for me.

It's humorous because those with oily scalps love first day hair but by Day 2 the hair starts going flat from the natural oils from the scalp. Luckily, product lines such as Rene Furterer have dry shampoos that do wonders for creating volume in Day 2 old hair with oily scalps.

UPDATE: This is Day 5 (five) hair! Exceptional! Maintenance: I shower without a shower cap so only nape and sides get a little damp . . . then follow with Mixed Chicks Leave-in conditioner. "Finger fluff" and go! The KeraCare Defining Custard softens up daily. Only the first two days is my hair a little firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment