Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3-inch Jumbo Magnetic Hair Rollers

Three-inch magnetic rollers deliver volume and body to long, straight hair. This photo of Elizabeth Hurley is from www.shampooandset.com.
Magnetic rollers are called magnetic because wet hair clings to the plastic. So as you roll, if the hair starts to dry, then use water to re-wet it in order for it to cling.
The magnetic rollers range in sizes up to about 3 inches.
Rollers this size should be double clipped. Notice the clips? Roller pins as seen in the picture below can also be used. Roller pins are extra long bobby pins.
This picture of the back of a roller set client is from www.shampooandset.com It gives you an ideal of roller placement and the use of a net to hold the rollers in place. Also, look closer at the anchoring of the rollers. Can you see that two roller pins are used to hold the rollers in place? More than likely, the hair on the rollers are rolled as a flip set in order to keep the roots flat. Please see my separate article on flip roller sets.

My salon has a large inventory of 3-inch rollers for long hair services.

4 comments:

  1. Recently I had a lady in giant green rollers like these come into my pharmacy. Her set looked so perfect. I got me some of these rollers but when I use them my roots aren't't straight, they come out wavy. This doesn't happen with my 2" rollers.
    Not sure where I'm going wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently I had a lady in giant green rollers like these come into my pharmacy. Her set looked so perfect. I got me some of these rollers but when I use them my roots aren't't straight, they come out wavy. This doesn't happen with my 2" rollers.
    Not sure where I'm going wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Jacqueline M: You may have to Flip the rollers to allow the heat off the rollers to straighten your roots. It may be time for a relaxer touchup if you get relaxer services. Otherwise, straighter roots work better with magnetic rollers of all sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi where can I get magnetic rollers in sa

    ReplyDelete