Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 3, 2015

May 2015 Honorable Mentions

 I still have a lot more to discuss than what is in this article, but I needed to start somewhere so here it is!  This article is the honorable mentions to keep you updated on such things as the My Honey Child brand changing their labelling as well as increasing the size of the Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease.  Please see another article on this blog for the old packaging and size.

I bought this newest Tropical Roots product at the Taliah Waajid's World Natural Hair Show. Jamaican Black Castor Oil. The Tropical Roots line is about double in size now. All the components are definitely starting to show up the East Coast stores.  Remember, I originally brought this line back from my So Cal trip earlier this year 2015.

 More Good news:  the Clairol Advanced Gray Solution now comes in warmer undertones.  In their initial offering, only ash undertones were available which sometimes bleed green on lighter colored ends.  I am so happy for the new Expresso Bean and Rich Walnut colors!!!!

 Back from the World Natural Hair Show, the Magic Twist sponge. It was a fraction of cost of the original Nu Dred sponge, and according to reviews, it works, but they say this sponge is not as durable as the NuDred sponge is.

 I am ready to try it out on some short natural hair.  The barber shops do benefit the most from this "sponge rub" styling.

I have been loving this Shea Moisture Professional Vibrant Color Conditioner.  It is great aromatherapy.  The hair smells fresh,  and the whole salon smells sweeter  with each use. I wished that I had tried the conditioner before attending the Natural Hair Show.  I could have stocked up!!!

1 comment:

  1. Clients are loving the Bronner Brothers Tropical Roots Jamaican Black Castor Oil Spray. It smells pleasant, and it seems to be lightweight. Sally Beauty Supply stores had started selling it as well.

    ReplyDelete