Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Corrective Haircutting with a Modern Flair






Believe it or not, this mannequin's haircut is lopsided and is very hard to style.  Can you tell?

Corrective Haircutting is a specialty service and costs more.  

So to prove that I was a Master haircutter, I tackled this corrective haircut in front of a live audience at one of the Empire Beauty Schools.  

And Voila!


Much more symmetry, yes?  Well, I achieved four different hairstyles just by playing with it- so "mission accomplished."

So how did I do it?

1) I used the nose as a guideline to level both sides.
2) I used a pie parting in the front to achieve a nice bang area spread.
3) I razored slices through the top center.
4) I pixie twirled the top center for further blending.
5) I freehand razored in wing motions on both sides.

So that will be $100.00 please . . . Smile.  Master Haircutter: Benita Blocker, 2014.

Update:  Thermal styling without any additional cutting since corrective cut . . . much more symmetry.
 Sleeker look with curls! Hair by Benita Blocker, 2014.

Volume and symmetry styling by Benita Blocker, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment