Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Affirm Fiberguard Normalizing Shampoo Changed

 The container is the same, but when I began using a new bottle of Affirm Fiberguard Normalizing Shampoo, I noticed a 2013 ingredient label covering the old ingredient list which was established since 2005.  This "adding on an updated sticker" practice has been seen before with Design Essentials products.  This "label cover-up" practice saves the company money by not trashing the old containers just because of labelling, and it gives those progressive hairstylists such as myself a "flag" to check out what's new with the product.


Well, I compared the two ingredient lists and found that Sodium Laureth Sulfate is now the second ingredient in the list.  The previous version had Disodium Cocoamphodipropionate as the second ingredient.  Also, Hydrolyzed Keratin seems to have replaced Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein.

It's interesting that the ingredients changed so much, but the pH still remained a 5.5.  So they must have balanced the ingredients to ensure proper relaxer neutralization.

Overall, I think that this new formula works great.  So change is good sometimes.  I will keep you posted if my opinion changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment