Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Monday, December 9, 2013

Cornstarch: The Synthetic Hair De-Shiner



So I heard that cornstarch and/or baby powder will de-shine synthetic hair weaves and wigs.  So I figured that I would give it a try.  Relax,  this pile of hair has NOT been treated yet.


I picked up corn starch from the grocery store for $1.00 USD.

 These two strips of hair in the picture above are straight from the package new.  No cornstarch on either piece.  I then took the piece on the right and put cornstarch mainly at the top and started working the cornstarch into the weave strip throughout the ends.

Amazingly, the piece on the right that has been treated with cornstarch is duller, and it feels great.  You can be as heavy handed with the cornstarch that you want especially working under dry conditions.  The excess cornstarch is not going to cling to the synthetic hair. Careful about the fine dust that is generated from manipulating the package.  I had to hold my breath only because a cloud of dust formed for a few seconds when trying to lightly pound the package to close it.

The cornstarch does work for de-shining synthetic hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment