Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Relaxer and Roller Set Service






I wanted to focussed on my roller set service after my four week relaxer touchup. (Please see my separate article on my mild relaxer touchup service.) I decided that I needed to get into the habit of giving myself more roller sets since I am always pushing roller set services to my clients. Especially after the relaxer service, it is a good way to keep body in the hair. Anyway, for my final finish, I had to use hairspray and some of the Schwarzkopf "Dust it" powder to keep volume in my hair. Please see my separate article on "Dust it" powder. Also, I used the Bee Mine Luscious Cream Moisturizer for final shine.

As for the roller set, I used Jane Carter Solution Wrap N Roll foam and Paul Mitchell Sculpting Lotion as well as some Bee Mine Deja Vu Hair Milk for my roller set. As you can see in my picture with the rollers removed, the back of head still has some texture in it. The mild relaxer was not strong enough, but it was better than nothing! Smile.

Roller placement is important. Find the drop off points on the sides and back of your head and place rollers in these areas. The roller placement for the rest of the rollers is less important.

Also, please keep in mind that I am trimming my hair in the back to keep my layers and a uniform growth pattern. Everyone does not need to trim as often. The Chi Super relaxer touchup that I performed about six weeks ago??? was very drying. If you are wondering why I used a Super strength in the first place, please read my last article for your answer.

As you can see, I am back on track. I am growing solid length. Some of hair ends in the back of my head has been tempermental from the Chi Super relaxer, but I am diligently trimming those ends away with each relaxer service. A half inch of new growth a month really adds up when you are patient.

Also, I have discovered the Bee Mine product line. I am really loving it. I will be doing a review on these products soon. I am acheiving incredible shine and softness with a lightweight finish. I believe the lady from the KISS hair network turned me onto it. Anyway, stay tuned. I will perform the review on the Bee Mine products and a few others soon . . .

p.s. The weather is getting cooler. That means that I can start wearing my makeup/cosmetics again! Yay!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment