Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Head scarves: History repeats with a modern twist!

Model on right is from Cosmopolitan magazine (August 2019 edition).

As I run my day to day errands, I see a lot of natural hair and head scarves being worn by the masses.  Some are "Aunt Jemima" style, and some are sophisticated with a twist.

I feel like the scarves are being used to hide the "kinks and coils." In my opinion, if one can't wear one's own natural hair with confidence, then they should either relax it or Loc it. By no means should the scalp be suffocated.  Make sure the scarf material is breathable.  Breathable material can be purchased from a fabric store.

Please "keep it cute sis" - Let's let the past trend stay in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment