Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 1, 2018

Sisterlocks Anniversary: Five years and Eleven Months


Trevor Jackson from "SuperFly" movie (2018) at BET Awards 2018 along me dreaming.

Yes, five years and eleven months ago, I got my Sisterlocks established.  The loc Journey was my best fit for my hair and my lifestyle.

Yeah, my Sisterlocks are have their "hang time" in the back.  

They are actually long enough to tie the start of a shoestring for a partial up do.  I keep sitting on them as far as my back goes when I am seated. I am trying not to stress them.

I still like my locs down versus updos.

I really need to shampoo at least once a month. When my locs are clean and lightweight, they naturally bend with my head.  My weekly workouts and the summer heat makes me second guess shampooing, but I think my Sisterlocks really don't look as healthy when they get too sweaty and heavy.  Just food for thought.  I am a continuously tightening up the roots every week.

No comments:

Post a Comment