Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Friday, January 9, 2015

Wet Set: Two Years and Five and Half Months

 I decided to use the second technique that I mentioned in my YouTube video titled "Half Shoelace Knot." I plaited and tucked all over my head.  I also used the Dark and Lovely Au Naturale Curl Defining Creme Glaze to set my locs.  It smelled great, but it did not feel as hydrating as the Design Essentials Honey Curlforming Custard.

On a separate note, I noticed that by using the curl cream products to wet set my locs caused my shampoo span to shorten. I usually can push six weeks between shampoos because I have a normal scalp.  I do not have any scalp issues so I never had to shampoo weekly -ever. There is nothing wrong with people who shampoo daily, weekly, or whenever.  Each to his own as far as shampooing, but when my scalp starts feeling too itchy, then I know that it is time to shampoo.

It was at a three week point that I needed to shampoo this time.  So the curl creams must be attracting more dirt from the air.  My locs started weighing heavier than usual; so, an earlier than expected shampoo was necessary.

I decided to play with styling options with my wavy set.  I am definitely going to do this setting technique again along with the Design Essentials Honey Curlforming Custard in the future.  It is a plait with a underlay tuck.

You can still see my compacted new growth in this picture.  My resistant hair naturally likes to stay close to home. (i.e. my scalp)  It gives me density, fullness, and volume.  Loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment