Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Apex Pressing Oil

 Another hairstylist referred the Apex pressing oil to me for old school pressing.  So far I like it.  It's made of petroleum and lanolin.  Lanolin is a natural oil found in sheep's wool to protect them from the cold weather according to online research.  Most reviews of the Apex pressing oil is favorable.  When used sparingly, I found it to work well to moisturize without weighing the hair down.  I used it in place of the curling wax.

 I was told that the pressing oil was in this tin because in the old school days, the heat from the stove would help melt the pressing oil within the tin.  So, in other words, the tin jar would conduct some of the heat to warm the pressing oil.

According to the instructions on the jar, the pressing oil can be used as a daily pomade.

2 comments:

  1. Where can I purchase this at I been look, all are sold out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe Tisun's Beauty Superstore based out of Charlotte, NC still sells it. I believe they have an online order option as well.

    ReplyDelete