Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Ethnic Hair Tips From a Beauty industry leader


  1. Before the "protective styling" trend, I was wearing half wigs to allow my hair to rest.
  2. Before "invisible part" quickweave became popular, I was the first to create that "part illusion" that I know of.
  3. Four years and four months ago, I saw the vision of my hair in smaller locs.  The picture above reflects what a $750 installation and three Sisterlocks 4-day training sessions can lead you to.
  4. Everyone should learn to self maintain their locs in partnership with a loctician.  
  5. Interlocking can deliver a neater look to locs, but that method also enables hair from an adajacent loc to get crossed over.  Those with fine hair are more likely to get cross-over hair because one can barely see the finer hairs.  Twisting or palm rolling are probably the safest root tightening method for locs.


NOTE:  I may add on to this list periodically.

No comments:

Post a Comment