Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Friday, July 18, 2014

Clowning Preference: In Your Face or Behind Your Back?


I was in the cafeteria line this week when the kitchen staff was clowning one of the other employees that came through the serving line about her roller set on her naturally kinky hair. They told her that her husband must have not seen her before she left out the house. She should get his approval next time. I must admit she just smiled and kept her composure and kept it moving. I tried to change the subject by asking for selection recommendations from the serving line, but in the back of my head, I wondered was it better to be clowned in front of her face or behind her back?

Her hair was neat despite the ultra coily texture. I felt like I should have addressed the kitchen staff and their ignorance, but why bother? I decided that it was not worth it considering they prepare the food.  Sometimes you have to choose your battles and just believe . . . . "Girlz With Kinks Still Get Winks!"



No comments:

Post a Comment