Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Monday, March 3, 2014

Design Essentials Colaura Semi Permanent Color Review


Colaura by Design Essentials is a safe semi-permanent hair color, but it does not seem to be long lasting.  The darker colors named "Earth" and "Precision" both eventually fade to a cool (blue or violet) color on gray hair. So initially, it provides adequate gray coverage, but I prefer a hair color to fade to a yellow or brown.

Thus far, I have not found a semi-permanent haircolor to match the old Sebastian Cellophanes semi-permanent haircolor formulas.  The Affirm Moisturcolor semi-permanent haircolors are my best bet thus far for gray coverage on the same day as the relaxers and the fade is warmer than the Colaura brand.

The good thing about the Colaura brand is that it cocktails nicely with conditioners to save a step if a client runs short on time and wants some gray coverage.  I also love the squeeze bottle nozzle design of the Colaura color bottles.  They allow for color application directly to the hair.

Overall, I will not continue with the Colaura color line because I still have Nairobi Semi-permanent TruColors which delivers about the same results.

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed. I don't think Ive met anyone who knows as much about this subject as you do. You are truly well informed and very intelligent. You wrote something that people could understand and made the subject intriguing for everyone. Really, great blog you have got here. Eyelash Extension Training

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking for the colaura semi-permanent in jet black

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are these colors still available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm out. Only a distributor would know if they plan to bring it back.

    ReplyDelete