Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Barbicide Concerns


The 2020 Pandemic has everyone at a heightened concern about sanitation. I have always practiced universal precautions as to not spread disease. I have always kept disinfecting stations next to the sanitation stations.

These areas are NOT at a styling station unless the styling station has running water.

So I didn't have Barbicide at my styling station before the pandemic, and you will not find it at my current  styling station.

Why?

Barbicide is corrosive. It eventually weakens combs and styling implements  causing them to break apart especially if they stay immersed longer than the ten minutes that is required.

And if it destroys the integrity of combs, then can you imagine the damage to your hair?

Combs or implements removed from Barbicide should be rinsed or sprayed off with a water bottle prior to contact with someone's hair.

I personally prefer to use a spray disinfectant after thoroughly cleaning my implements in lieu of Barbicide immersion. I also keep plenty of implements ready for single use!

Due to social distancing measures, there is less client overlap and more time to clean implements for repetitive use.

I personally have several years experience working in the healthcare industry.  I totally understand the need to remain in compliance with all healthcare guidelines put in place.

Anyone who has special concerns, please discuss at the time the appointment is being scheduled. Elderly, immune compromised, or those with loved ones in their immediate care that are in fragile in health should definitely discuss with their stylist upfront of their delicate situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment