Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Sisterlocks: The Headband Look with Pompadour

Since I still have my curls from my two strand twist set, I wanted to headband my Sisterlocks.  The cloth covered headband does not have any tension nor any teeth.  It is very lightweight as well.  In order to create volume I pompadoured my bang area first and then put the headband on.

I am still thin in my crown area, but my wavy Sisterlocks work to draw attention away from any trouble areas.  I suppose blonde colored locs would blend the area as well, but I do not want to consider dealing with any color damage.  My three year five and half months loc journey has been challenging enough without any chemicals.

My loc length really is becoming my friend.  It compensates for the fact that my hair is not as dense as it was 20 years ago.  I think I made a good decision to start my natural journey over three years ago.  It was not easy nor popular in 2012, but I took the plunge and stuck with it.  I guess that makes me leading edge in the beauty industry!


No comments:

Post a Comment