Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 21, 2015

June 2015 Honorable Mentions: Sensitive Shelf Life


I purchased some more Bee Mine products this year.  I could have sworn the Curly Butter in Coconut Cream scent was the same color as the Luscious moisturizer in the same scent when it was shipped, but now, my Bee Mine Curly Butter looks "chocolate."  Anyone else experienced this?  It does not have a batch code on the bottom.  I will probably open it for personal use and hope that it still has some life left in it.

 On a separate note, the Bee Mine products website mentions a 3 to 4 months shelf life for the curly butter.  I will have to discontinue ordering because I do not have a strong enough demand to keep fresh product on hand.  I was wondering why one of my local natural beauty supply stores stopped carrying Bee Mine products. Their sensitive shelf life would probably be why.  I prefer for products to have at least 3 years of shelf life from the time that they are manufactured.  Anything less seems to be a waste especially when people are rotating through different product lines anyway.

I also had a Design Essentials edge gel manufactured in 2014 to dry out on me.  I keep the lid on the product when not in use, but I do not know how it dried out within a year or less.

I will start keeping this extra covering over it to see if the next jar stays fresh longer.

The batch codes are on the bottoms.

I like the Design Essentials Natural Honey and Shea Edge Tamer.



No comments:

Post a Comment