Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Flipped Mesh Roller Set

Hair by Benita Blocker

Can you tell that it is a wet set?  We used the red mesh rollers, Nairobi Foam and rolled the hair upward to create flatter roots.  The length of the hair falls down  leaving the body in the ends.  My client left with her upside down curls pincurled up, and she styled it the next day at home.

She gets the Paul Mitchell relaxer every 7 to 8 weeks.  She also gets regular trims every few months. She gets limited to NO hot ironing.

My last haircutting class inspired this flip roller set.  The artist used a hot iron in the class, but I had forgotten that I used to offer this wet set some years ago.  I believe that many "blowout" salons start with the flip set then round brush it out.

An old idea, but a great memory refresh!

No comments:

Post a Comment