Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Yarn Braid Extensions: Caution when wet!

One of my clients just came back from Nigeria (Africa), and she saw a LOT of yarn braid extensions in all different colors.  I introduced yarn braid extensions in a previous blog article under the name of  "genie locs."

I also just washed my yarn extension unit, and I realized that the yarn soaks up a LOT of water.  Luckily, I can wash the unit without it being on my head, but it went from being weightless in my hands to feeling like a gallon of water.   I was amazed at how the yarn sucked up water like a sponge and retained it.  Wow!  I literally had to wring my yarn unit out as much as I could, and it was still extremely wet.  I could not imagine going swimming with yarn extensions in my hair without seeing some breakage later from the water weight of them.

I literally was amazed to discover what seemed like a lightweight hair fix could be devastating when wet and attached to actual hair.  I recommend caution when choosing the genie locs service for any extended period of time.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment