Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Achieving the Brazilian Wave Look

 Hair by Benita Blocker.  This client started with me in March 2012.  She has Type 3 hair.  She does "wash and go" styling at home with Mixed Chicks Leave-in products and some of Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercreme. When she came to me, she was using the "Knockoff" products from Sally's Beauty Supply.  I explained to her about the inferior ingredients in the "knockoffs" so she started investing in the real product brands.  She and I can definitely see a difference in her hair.  She comes in periodically for straightening (Her 7th visit with me). I straighten her hair with the marcel flat iron and stove, then I curl her hair with the  #60 marcel iron which delivers this Brazilian Wave Look.
 She does not have any hair extensions.  This is all of her natural hair.  No relaxers.  She had color treated hair when she came to me in March 2012.  The growing out of the color gives her an ombre effect to her hair.
The #60 marcel iron delivers the curls of the lavender magnetic roller set which gives the S-curl, natural wave look.


2 comments: