Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

As I Am products linked to makers of KeraCare


A fellow British blogger (My Long Hair Journey) highlighted "As I am" natural haircare products last week. I was in shock that Avlon Industries was the owner of this product line. Avlon makes brands such as KeraCare and Affirm relaxers.

According to the As I Am website, Chemist/Dr. Syed recognized that so many women were doing their natural hair at home that it was a good business move to launch a product line that can be sold directly to the public in the various beauty supply stores.

I found the AsIAm products in our local Sally's Beauty Supply store. Cost range is $16.99 to $24.99 in Sally's Beauty Supply. We will see if people buy at this price point at a Sally's Beauty Supply.

What's interesting is that the KeraCare Natural Textures line that is sold in the hair salons is around the same price. If Avlon is cutting the hairstylists out of the market, then why is the new line of products still relatively expensive?

AsIAm products are now being sold internationally. There are some product reviews on the Internet.

I must admit that I was a little disappointed. It seems that Avlon is trying to get in; where they fit in. They want to increase revenues by cutting out the salon level. I suppose that it is a smart business move. The makers of the AsIAm products show "Salon Commodities, Ltd, North Lake, IL" on the jar instead of Avlon Products.

Avlon is not the first beauty company that wanted to bypass the salon professional. Nexxus and other lines have gone mainstream as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment