Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Flat Iron Testing



Pictured: A Babybliss Tourmaline flat iron that was burning out hair!

A good way of testing flat irons is clamp the flat iron on a piece of white toilet paper. Hold it steady for about 35 to 55 seconds. Release the toilet paper. If a Brown imprint is left on the toilet paper, then that flat iron is NOT good for your hair. The toilet paper should not turn colors if it is a good flat iron. My favorite brands are Paul Mitchell and FHI Heat!

I tried my flat test with one of the Babybliss flat irons that I was suspecting was causing damage and sure enough, the toilet paper was "toasted" in 35 seconds. Yes, as you can see from the picture: pecan brown. There are different Babybliss irons out there but I would test before using another flat iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment