Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Texture and Texturizing

Hey! I have a lot on my mind for my first day of blogging!

Texture is your wave pattern or lack thereof. I am in search of the best texturizer to take a zigzag pattern to a s-shape without compromising the integrity of the hair nor overprocessing.

I am have some leads . . . . I just have to finish my product testing.

First trial: Soft & Beautiful Botanicals Texturizer - Regular; I loved the new wave pattern, but product seemed extremely drying to the hair. A lot of hair dressing (Mizani Rose H2O) was needed to maintain the moisture balance in the hair for the styling phase. It's a lithium hydroxide base texturizer, and the more porous ends went straighter than the rest. The product makes the hair more humidity resistant which is a second benefit. However, one trial with this texturizer was enough. I have another texturizer on my list to try.

It is being shipped to me. It will be a few weeks before I will have time to try it and give you feedback. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment