Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Tenth Anniversary:This Blog is Ten Years Old!

Benita Blocker, Blogwriter, 
Educator, Visionary, HairStylist

In August 2009, I was on a mission to achieve my best hair ever and to educate others to achieve their own hair success too!  With countless clients saying, I had "growing hands" and their hair had never been as long as we grew it from a partnership standpoint.  I am so proud to have been a Master Cosmetologist over 15 years.

As far as the blog is concerned, digital pictures were not popular when I started the blog in the early years (2009).  So many of my early articles do not have pictures. My most popular articles as far as blog traffic are from 2011 through 2014, and they include pictures.

I am so proud that the Sisterlocks topic is trending more than ever.  I feel like I inspired those who are a part of the latest wave of interest.  I see starter locs everywhere.  I feel like I was a leader in my own way as far as the corporate world beginning to embrace locked hair.

My blog represents my hair struggle as I was approaching age forty, and my finding Sisterlocks as a hair solution for me. Indeed, I am proud of what I have inspired and achieved with my blog.

August 2019 is the blog's Tenth Anniversary with over 1.1 million pageviews! Please feel free to share your testimonies and favorite article titles.

No comments:

Post a Comment