Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Six years Sisterlocks Anniversary

July 2018 marks six years Sisterlocks loc-versary!

I have enough length now that I could try loc petals or any other mock- short loc styling. My length frames my face.  It is no longer at an in-between stage.  I consider them long Sisterlocks now. I do see more gray hair coming in, but I am not planning to use any permanent haircolor.  I just don't want to compromise my hair integrity. So we will see how my "wisdom strands" arrive!

I am still loving my gray outfits, and I am still embracing a cleaner eating lifestyle.

I still use Herbalife collagen beauty booster in my daily tea cocktail.  It's anti-aging, and it works!

When it is time for a shampoo, I have been using hydration sprays and hairsprays for shine and hold.

Can you believe it has been six years? My locs are light and fluffy when they are clean.  I can not imagine having loc extensions added onto Sisterlocks.  I would think that those who start with loc extensions will eventually trim away the added hair gradually as one's natural length gains.  The goal is to prevent the hair from feeling heavy. Commercial hair usually carries some added weight.

Thanks for your continued support through my loc journey!  I will try to post a few more hair product discoveries and other non-loc related topics in the near future. I want everyone to find solutions unique to themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment