Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Monday, October 24, 2016

4 years 3 months Sisterlocks Check-in

Clean and Fluffy!

It is my four years 3 months Sisterlocks anniversary.  My locs are now long enough to wet set without any rods.  I can just bantu knott set all over.  I started to realize the perm rods are too heavy.

I experimented with the Helicopter wet set, but I found that the roller plus the rods were too heavy for my locs.  Now, I know why people select chenille stems/pipe cleaners to wet set.  The lighter weight is less stressful on the locs.

Soiled and flat.

People always seem to question my "hang time." I have a lot of shrinkage in my curl pattern, and I prefer volume versus it weighing too heavy.  In my "soiled and flat" picture, my Sisterlocks felt stringy, but they hung longer than ususal. I don't want to sacrifice my "fluffy" for "hang time."  So a fresh shampoo and wet set is required for maximum curl and volume.

No comments:

Post a Comment