Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Using a Headband to Create a Loose Updo

 I still have some texture in my locs from the last wet set that I performed plus securing my ends at night.  My locs are two years and five months old.  I am approaching another loc-versary within another week.

 The headband that I used was black in color, but it was packaged with this headband.  Notice all the ends of the headband are either square or blunt.

 The headband is easy to unassemble and reassemble.  It is not stressful on the locs.  The headbands seem to be made of a lightweight plastic. I do not remember how many years ago that I may have purchased this set of headbands, but I am so happy that I held on to them.

 I love the profile of this partial updo. It can work for casual as well as formal occasions.  I consider my locs medium length.  I had a bob cut prior to my start of locs so my front locs were definitely longer that my back locs.

I have a lot of new growth at my scalp area in the back, and I did not concentrate on a clean parting. Maybe next time!

I really enjoyed my partial updo because it was quick, cute, and stress-free. I believe that you need some curls or texture in the locs to assist the headband with form and shape.  So wet set or dry set prior to trying any updo.

No comments:

Post a Comment