Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Friday, September 26, 2014

Poem: Phenomenal Hair




Phenomenal Hair
written 
By Benita Blocker

A Loc Print Exclusive to me
now provides the confidence you see
from the wind blowing to the tilting of my head
 the sway of my locs give me reasons to get out of bed.

They are the pep in my step,
The glide in my slide,
The wiggle as I jiggle,
The signal they are medicinal.

My loc Journey has been rocky indeed.
Patience and perseverance came in handy as I was in need.
Natural hair locked for control,
Always plays a crowning role.

My loc rhythm has harmony,
and it is phenomenally clear
that my locs are  part of an epiphany 
of the symphony
entitled Phenomenal hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment