Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Braided Extra Long Side Ponytail by Benita Blocker

Hairstyling by Benita Blocker, 2014.

 First of all, I just learned that the 100% Kanekalon fiber can be flat ironed on low heat!  So anyone getting tree braids or crochet braids should try to get the Kanekalon hair versus the Toyokalon.  There are youtube videos for flat ironing crochet braids.

Now for this braided Extra Long Side Ponytail, I used the same technique as the braided wraparound hairstyle except I used different hair packs.

I used a half pack of the 100% Kanekalon Bijoux Xpression Jumbo Braid on one side. (left side)

Then I used the 27" Pony yaki hair which was 100% Toyokalon on the other side. (right side)

I did not need 80+ inch hair on both sides of the head with it being only a side braid hairstyle.  So I was able to blend the shorter braid into the extra long braid and keep it looking natural. This is a great protective style for relaxed hair. I blow dried the hair then started the Goddess braiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment