1) Is it okay to get your relaxer touch-up if you are having your menstrual cycle or period?
2) Should you only get your ends trimmed around relaxer touch-up time?
3) How can you tell if a permanent haircolor is going to turn out the right color?
4) Should a salon stick with only one product line?
5) How can you save money on your next braiding service?
6) Which hair blog just reached over 500,000 pageviews? (Hint: This question is the easy one! )
1) NO! Don't do it! If your menstrual cycle is on, then your body's pH and hormones may cause your hair to be more resistant. You may risk underprocessing the hair if the relaxer does not work properly. Days 1 through 3 of your menstrual cycle - definitely, skip the chemical processing. If you are on the tail end of your cycle, then it should not hinder the relaxer from properly processing.
2) If you have type 3 curl pattern or non-resistant hair, then you can trim whenever you want because you do not have to worry about a lot of shrinkage. If your hair has 75% shrinkage and/or it is resistant, then you need to wait for the relaxer touch-up to cut when all of your hair is straight.
There are some people who get haircuts based on the moon and the Farmer's Almanac. You will have do your own research on that cultural practice.
3) Use a popsicle stick from the craft store to stir up the color. Watch it develop on the popsicle stick to get a ballpark idea of the final color. Permanent haircolor should not have any darkness when initially coming from out of the tube or canister. It should only darken after mixed and has been sitting for some minutes.
5) Try Redheart yarn! It burns like the jumbo braid hair. You can use it for yarn braids, havana twists, and kinky twists. There are some youtube videos for using the Redheart yarn for twists. Typically, you need several strands of yarn at a time for thickness, but the skeins cost between $2.00 and $5.00 USD. If you buy 7 packs of jumbo braids, then you will spend over $20.00 USD. However, one large skein of yarn at $5.00 USD may be all your braider needs. So you save OVER $15.00 by using yarn.
6) Yes, this blog www.phenomenalhair.blogspot.com just reached over 500,000 pageviews. The blog is five years old, and I am so proud of our progress! Thank you for helping to make this milestone possible.
Hopefully, you passed this quiz! You needed to get at least 4 answers out of 6 correct! Still have questions? Then please let me know!