Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

TAG: (You) Get to Know (Me) Benita Blocker

Hopefully, you will not be yawning for too long. LOL! Kreyola from Kreyolajourneys.com tagged "boring" me. I have researched the history behind such tagging, and I found that the 21 questions can vary so I am going to play this by ear.

I think the purpose of tagging is to learn more about your author/blogger (moi/me) other than what is listed in the profile.  So here's my 21 questions and answers!  Enjoy!

1. Are you named after someone?
Nope, my parents never mentioned anyone else.  They are pretty independent.

2. When was the last time you cried?
Last week while viewing the Christian based movie "God's Not Dead."  Disclaimer:  I cry in a lot of movies which is why I prefer attending the movie theaters alone.

3. Do you have children? No. Never been pregnant either.  However, I have a niece, nephew, and great-grand nephew.

4. If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself?
Definitely.  I often dine alone, and when the hostess asks "Will it just be one?" I often say "Yes, I am good company."  Smile.  I have a low tolerance to alcoholic beverages so I do not drink much liquor and definitely no beer. I do not smoke hookah or anything else, and I have two left feet when it comes to dancing.  So I am the official party pooper, but I love me some ME.  LOL! By the way, I do like Moscato d`Asti with alcohol level 9% or less.  5% is better.  I like sweet wines or sweet mixed drinks only.  Are you yawning yet? LOL! Oh, by the way, I do not have any body piercings, not even my ears. I wear clip earrings. No tattoos either! I had permanent eyebrow makeup done once, but I think it has faded away. No plans to sit through that "pain session" again. I also have a nickel allergy so I wear minimal jewelry unless it is pure gold or pure silver. I love speaking about current events so I am a conversationist.

5. Do you have a guilty pleasure?
The corner piece of every birthday cake!  I want maximum amount of frosting. Smile.

6. Do you like your handwriting?  Overall, yes, I have the ability to handwrite in different ways.  So I can always change it up.  It depends on if I am writing quickly or taking my time.

7. What's your favorite cereal?  I do not crave cereals; however, I will grab a Quaker Raisin and Spice instant Oatmeal in a crunch.

8. What's the first thing that you notice about people?  I notice their body language, facial expression, and eyes. I look for their purpose in being in my presence. If I am forced to interact, then I look to see if they are looking at my shoes, my purse, my hair, my car or if they are genuinely interested in my conversation.  I adapt my conversation according to the situation because I meet all types of people from all social statuses.  We all bleed red blood, and I serve only one God.

9. What is your eye color? 
 Brown, and sometimes light brown if I am in the sun a lot.

10. Scary movies or happy endings? Anything but a scary movie. lol!

11. Favorite TV show? None.  I like the Voice and Scandal, but I am not addicted to television.

12. Summer or Winter?  Now, that I have a phenomenal electric blanket, Winter is NO problem as long as I have electricity to power the electric blanket.  LOL!

13. Hugs or Kisses? Hugs are less messy.  Smile.

14. Where is the farthest destination that you have been from home?  Nassau, Paradise Island Bahamas  and Cozumel, Mexico.  Both  trips were cruises, Carnival and Royal Caribbean.

15. Do you have any special talents? I do not think I have any special talents so no, America's Got Talent auditions for me.

16. Where were you born?  In the equestrian town of Aiken, South Carolina.  (Refrigerator Perry and James Brown territory)

17. What are your hobbies? Writing, watching movies, coin collecting and shopping. I do want to learn to swim next!

18. Do you have any pets?  NO extra mouths to feed.  Smile.

19. Favorite Bath and Body Works fragrance? Pink Chiffon

20.  Do you have any siblings?  Yes, Two younger sisters!

21. What are some other career goals? Learn Adobe Photoshop, Digital video editing, Spanish language, and refresh on my French!

So now, It's official - I am so boring.  LOL!  But it's all good!  Hopefully, you are still awake. LOL!

I now tag Bertice of bertice-berry.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. 2020 Update: Question #11: Favorite television show is now How to Get Away With Murder. Question #14: I've now traveled to Tokyo, Japan, Frankfurt, Germany, and London in 2019. Question #19: My favorite Bath and Body Works fragrance is Thousand Wishes. Omit Question #15: I have discovered many new gifts. Too many to name. Add learning the Japanese language to question #21. Time does change things!

    ReplyDelete