Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Monday, April 7, 2014

Product Review: Pureology Colour Fanatic Spray



The Pureology Colour Fanatic Multi-tasking Hair Beautifier Leave-in Spray has been bittersweet for me.  Initially, I loved it, and then after my extended use with various clientele, I found the spray could cause some dryness on relaxed hair.

So What I liked about the Colour Fanatic Spray is

  1. It smelled like a sweet perfume which reminds one of something "expensive."
  2. It detangles relaxed hair very well.
  3. I can feel the strength in my clients' hair after completing their blow-dry service. 
So What I DO NOT like about the Colour Fanatic Spray is
  1. It has sodium hydroxide listed in the ingredients list mid-way through.  Sodium hydroxide is lye, and long-term, all hair products with this ingredient can have diminishing returns over the long haul.
  2. The strength that it leaves in my client's hair can also be drying to the hair.  If you have an oily scalp naturally or you keep your hair moisturized, then this potential drying effect may not be a huge deal breaker. However, if you are a mininimalist, then this multi-tasking spray may be more than you bargained for.
For the right person and the right service, it is a great spray.  I can see using this spray for the following services:
  1. Pre-protection on the hair ends before relaxing the new growth if the hair is already tangled from a curly style.
  2. Used as a cutting lotion for over-porous hair.
  3. Used as a leave-in conditioner along with a soft setting agent to wet set the hair.
I will continue to evaluate this Pureology Colour Fanatic Spray for different purposes.  I think that I will finish up the bottle, but unless I nail a definite reason to keep it in my rotation.  I will not be purchasing it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment