Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Expired Cantu Twist and Lock Gel

 Cantu Shea Butter for Natural Hair Moisturizing Twist and Lock Gel is paraben-free.  (i.e.  no preservatives)  I purchased this jar less than two years ago.  I would guess that I actually purchased it 1.5 years ago max.
 I have written articles regarding characteristics of expired gels.  This product smelled fine, but it started looking like cottage cheese.

 I started noticing it glob together which further confirmed that the product had expired.  There was no expiration date listed.
Then "plop!"  The contents of this jar eventually clumped over into one giant glob.  I usually allow paraben-free products one year before they expire.  So consumers should be careful about purchasing paraben-free products.  You never know how long they were sitting in the store before you purchase it.  Luckily, I had some fresh Jamaican Mango and Lime Locking Gel for my finger twisting session.

So I had to trash this new jar of Cantu Shea Butter Twist and Lock Gel before I had a chance to review it.  I will probably not purchase it again because I do like the Jamaican Mango and Lime brand as well as the Nahbila's Essentials brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment