Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Dreadlocks Highlight: NFL Player Richard Sherman

Photo credit:  truschoolsports.com

NFL Player Richard Sherman has been in the news recently for a candid last minute "shout-out" that some of the public has blown to exaggerated proportions.

The bigger message is that he is a Stanford University graduate. He has a non-profit organization, and he is actively engaged in giving back to his community.

His background sings of a "from rags to riches" story.  I just wonder if the fact that he has dreadlocks caused the public to dump him into a "thug" category based on a 15 second rant.

Well, there is no such thing as bad publicity so Richard Sherman - I did not know your name until tonight when Facebook friends and clients showed their support of all the good that you do!  Keep on Keeping on!

I am proud of an educated Black man who has locks!

1 comment:

  1. I have been seeing his name around lately, but so far I have not watch the video and I don't know if I want too now? Ever since I become locked, I can't help being extra considerate toward guys that are lock and the fact that he is educated is a plus on my account.

    ReplyDelete