Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Six Months and Three Year Thickness Comparisons



November 2013 (front hair twisted up) versus  May 2013 (with towel around my neck)

Pictured above is a six months comparison in thickness of my microlocks.  Again, finger twisting seems to work better for me for my lock tightening method.  March 2013 was my last interlocking session.


Pictured is the back of my head in November 2010 after a fresh haircut from another hairstylist.  I had relaxed hair at the time without any extensions nor any commercial enhancements. It is all my hair, and  I had quite a bit of fullness.  I had just turned age 40.  I really think chemicals, aging, and improper lock tightening technique was really taking me in a downward spiral over the last three years.

I really encourage women to take pictures to keep documentation of their hair.  Pictures are worth a thousand words.  It is hard to see subtle changes from week to week, but let several months go by, the story gets told vividly.

Many times, I post articles like this one more for my own reality check/sanity check to make sure that I stay on course for my own hair's sake.  If someone else can benefit from my journey, it makes these posts even more valuable.

Well, my 16 month lock anniversary is coming next week.  I'm excited.  I have not decided on a new product, new regimen, or just a new style to introduce, but I think that I am feeling inspired!

2 comments:

  1. Your post has inspired me to do an update post about the middle growth of my head. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I am glad to hear about the inspiration! I love hearing about positive impacts!

      Delete