Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 29, 2013

My Honey Child Hair Grease

As you know I have been on a honey kick!  I found this brand called "My Honey Child" and guess what it has in it?  Yes, you guessed it - HONEY!  I purchased "Sophia's Old Fashioned Hair Grease."

It is made of Sunflower butter, raw honey, and other oils.  The consistency of the product reminds me of Jane Carter Solutions' Nourish and Shine. It has a little weight to it.  The smell is bittersweet.  It is paraben-free so I am not sure of its manufacture date and age. It initially has a unrefined shea butter smell then it has a final sweet note once it is rubbed into the scalp.

It says that it can be used for press and curls. Since it is a butter, I would recommend using it in small moderation. I've been using it for oiling my client's hairline. It will be perfect for when the cold weather hits.

I hope to share some fantastic news about my raw honey experience within another month.  I am still testing a few things.


2 comments:

  1. Okay, I really love this old fashioned grease for coarser relaxed hair. I had to buy some more. I will continue using the Pureology Shinemax and Paul Mitchell Wild Ginger Styling oil for medium and fine hair, but I use the Honey Child for my coarser hair clients and their hair still has movement and shine when I finish. Love this butter-like grease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This grease works great for my press and curls clients! Plenty of shine! I am in love!

    ReplyDelete