Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 27, 2013

11 Months Hair Locks Check-in


I accepted a settlement offer out of court, therefore, I am free to do whatever I want with my hair now.  Yay!!!!!


Well, it took me 3 hours to finger twist/tighten my locks.  I have not had it interlocked with a tool since March 4, 2013.  I am finger twisting every six weeks.  So far, it is working.  I think that I may feel one hump in each lock where the method has changed, but you can not visually see it.  I had enough new growth this tightening session to get a good inch of twisting in.

I pin curled and banded my pin curls up overnight to get the textured look in them.  I met another lady who had successfully converted her locking method from "interlocking" to "palm rolling."  She had beautiful, long locks.  So far, I like the twisting because it does not feel as tight, and it does not make me feel so scalpy.

In addition, 9 out of 10 lock wearers that I interview, all tightening their own locks.  They only go to the loctician if their locks get past due, and they need some strands snipped because they have started growing together.

So I firmly believe that I am on the right track for me.  I do not think that I am going to split the locks.  I am just going to keep with my same direction that I have been going for the last three months.  Somehow, I think God still had a Master Plan for my hair.  Only 25% of my hair may be what I consider true "Sisterlock" size.

I will probably start calling my hair "locks" versus "Sisterlocks" only because I am changing the tightening method.  I plan to continue to preserve my original lock sizing.  If I go to a locitician, I would caution them not to double my locks.

So I am taking my lock journey down a different path.  I look forward to another few years from now.



In the meantime,  my stocking cap wigs will be on hand for corporate affairs.  Southerners seem more comfortable with long, straight hair in the business world.


No comments:

Post a Comment