Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Brown Spiders Attracted to Brown hair?

On several occasions over the years, I have removed dry leftover brown hair from the shampoo bowl in the morning after a late night in the salon to find a brown spider taking shelter. I also have caught a few other brown spiders in my shampoo bowl area. One was dropping down by web spinning to get to the shampoo bowl. According to my research, they are seeking water. My spider discoveries do not happen often enough to be alarming, but over the years, I definitely have made a note of it. What is strange is that I never see black spiders taking shelter in dried, leftover, black colored hair in the shampoo bowl.

NOTE: My shampoo bowl is black as are most shampoo bowls to avoid haircolor staining. I do not know if that makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment