Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Best Detangling Shampoo for Overprocessed Hair

Every so often I get a client to come in where my high-end Pureology shampoos just does nothing for the hair. This is when I pull the Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo - Classic out. It is my last resort, and it always saves the day!

Most of the time, the client would have tried everything at home to get the hair under control, but it just becomes a tangled mess when wet. So they then make a call to a professional.

The typical history of the hair that falls into this category is hair that has been colored or highlighted one too many times or bi-racial hair that is too fine to be relaxed, yet, it has a natural frizziness to it.

The KeraCare Hydrating Detangling shampoo - Classic does contain sulfates, but it has been the "go to" shampoo for probably a decade when all else fails. I started studying the ingredients because I was amazed that this shampoo could deliver the control over the hair that seems to be unmatched. I discovered that this shampoo has a hydrolzed wheat protein. I had an "aw haw" moment. This shampoo is a protein based shampoo. It coats and fills the desensitized hair shaft causing it to detangle. Amazing.

I have another protein based shampoo by AG that I may use on the next customer that comes in with past due, challenged hair to see if it is the protein that indeed makes a difference, but I am going to keep my KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo - classic available in case all else fails!

NOTE: The KeraCare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo does come in a sulfate-free formula in which Avlon discontinued their original formula. However, many professionals enjoyed the results of the original formula so Avlon brought the original formula back as the "classic" line.

No comments:

Post a Comment