Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

My 2011 Holiday Hair Look






It's almost Christmas, and I was ready for the long and the glamourous look. I did not want to wear a half wig nor a full wig because they can be soooo heavy. (Remember the article on "wig weight?") So I definitely wanted to leave my top hair out; so I opted for the partial gluefree quickweave using the Morning Glory Gro-Protect Growth Serum. Placement is important. Zigzag partings always deliver a more natural blend of natural hair with commercial hair. I also added one strip of seamless weft to the top to assist with the final blending in case of a windy day! I used three different colors. #1 in the back, #1B in the crown and sides, and #4 in the front along with the #1B.

This look took about four hours because I was doing it myself. It also took a pack and a half of commercial hair. I had a two partial packs of hair already available. Even if someone else is performing the service, three hours is still reasonable to decide on the placement based on one's individual headshape.

I plan to hold on to this look until Christmas time. I am at four weeks post relaxer with a little afro at my roots. If I can wait until after Christmas, then I will be 8 weeks post relaxer. I wanted to give myself a relaxer break. The True Indulgence regular should be adequate at a eight week period.

Happy Holidays!

1 comment:

  1. Hair Extensions have increased in popularity across the world over the past 5 years. With top celebrities in USA and Europe now opening talking about how they use hair extensions the product is now accepted as an acceptable and even required beauty aid in the fashion and movie circles; hair extensions are HOT!

    Hair Extensions
    Keratin hair extensions
    Fusion Hair Extensions
    wholesale hair extensions
    Seamless Tape Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete