Phenomenal . . .

Phenomenal . . .
Life, Growth, and Connection (This sunflower was nourished by my hands.) 2010; Photography by Benita Blocker. Please become a follower of this blog.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, November 27, 2011

My 2011 Holiday Hair Look






It's almost Christmas, and I was ready for the long and the glamourous look. I did not want to wear a half wig nor a full wig because they can be soooo heavy. (Remember the article on "wig weight?") So I definitely wanted to leave my top hair out; so I opted for the partial gluefree quickweave using the Morning Glory Gro-Protect Growth Serum. Placement is important. Zigzag partings always deliver a more natural blend of natural hair with commercial hair. I also added one strip of seamless weft to the top to assist with the final blending in case of a windy day! I used three different colors. #1 in the back, #1B in the crown and sides, and #4 in the front along with the #1B.

This look took about four hours because I was doing it myself. It also took a pack and a half of commercial hair. I had a two partial packs of hair already available. Even if someone else is performing the service, three hours is still reasonable to decide on the placement based on one's individual headshape.

I plan to hold on to this look until Christmas time. I am at four weeks post relaxer with a little afro at my roots. If I can wait until after Christmas, then I will be 8 weeks post relaxer. I wanted to give myself a relaxer break. The True Indulgence regular should be adequate at a eight week period.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment